* Bosc pear (head)
* Melon (body)
* Canteloupe or pineapple (beak & tail feathers)
* Red pepper (snood)
* Raisins (eyes)
* Grapes (tail feathers)
* Bamboo skewers
1) Use a round melon for the body. Cut off a slice from the bottom to create a flat surface, so the turkey is stable.
2) Use a piece of bamboo skewer to attach the pear head to the melon.
3) Cute a triangle beak out of canteloupe (or pineapple). Cut a piece of red pepper for the snood. Attach both to the head with pieces of a toothpick.
4) Attach raisin eyes with toothpick pieces.
5) Cut feet out of red pepper.
My Mom made this one last year for the grandkids, and it turned out great!
You can also switch up the items...and try to think of other fruits or vegetables that could replace the ones above. Be creative, and have fun making a beautiful turkey!
HAPPY and compassionate Thanksgiving to all!